*Funded by the Department of Administration, Division of Energy Services (with funding from the U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and the State of Wisconsin Public Benefits Program)

While some repairs may be possible, the Weatherization Program primarily focuses on providing energy saving measures to low-income families living in Dane and Green Counties. These services are provided to qualifying owners and renters at no cost to occupants.

Weatherization work may include:

  • Air sealing and insualting attics
  • Insulating exterior walls
  • Reducing air leakage
  • Repairing or replacing inefficient furnaces
  • Replacing inefficient refrigerators or freezers

(Watch this short video for an authentic look at what it's like to be a weatherization worker)

-- In addition, the Home Energy Plus Furnace Program can provide safe heat by repairing or replacing furnaces, at no cost, for low-income homeowners whose furnaces have stopped working.

Income Guidelines for the 2017-2018 Heating Season

You may also qualify if your total household income for the last three months falls at or below 60% of State Median Income.

Household Size 1 month income 3 month income Annual income
1 $2,217 $6,650 $26,601
2 $2,899 $8,696 $34,785
3 $3,581 $10,743 $42,970
4 $4,263 $12,789 $51,155
5 $4,945 $14,835 $59,340
6 $5,627 $16,881 $67,525
7 $5,755 $17,265 $69,059
8 $5,883 $17,649 $70,594

Eligibility Requirements

You must be a homeowner or renter in Dane or Green County.
Must have received Energy Assistance in the past 12 months at your current address.

If you don't have Energy Assistance and want to apply:

In Dane County, call Energy Services, Inc. at 608-333-0333 to schedule appointments and 267-8601 for the Emergency Furnace Program.

In Green County, call Green County Human Services at 608-328-9393.

To determine if you need weatherization and you live in Dane or Green County:

Call Project Home at 608-246-3737.

If you live outside of Dane and Green County:

Refer to the Home Energy Plus webpage to find the agency serving your county.

What Happens if I Qualify?
The process of receiving Weatherization Services can take anywhere from two months to one year.