*Funded by the Department of Administration, Division of Energy Services (with funding from the U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and the State of Wisconsin Public Benefits Program)

The U.S. Department of Energy’s Weatherization Assistance Program was created by Congress in 1976 under Title IV of the Energy Conservation and Production Act. The purpose of the Program is to increase the energy efficiency of dwellings owned or occupied by low-income persons.

Wisconsin’s Weatherization Program, administered by Project Home's professional crews, offers the following services: adding attic, wall and box sill insulation, sealing bypasses (where pipes, chimneys, electrical wires, etc. pass through floors and walls), replacing inefficient refrigerators, freezers, furnaces and boilers, installing energy efficient light bulbs, and water saving showerheads. The services received depend on the results of a thorough energy audit, and must contribute to a significant reduction in energy loss. Customers tell us their energy bills go down significantly after receiving Project Home's work.

Income Guidelines for the 2014-2015 Heating Season

You may also qualify if your total household income for the last three months falls at or below 60% of State Median Income.

Household Size
Maximum Annual Gross Income

Eligibility Requirements

You must be a homeowner or renter in Dane or Green County.
Must have received Energy Assistance in the past 12 months at your current address.

If you don't have Energy Assistance and want to apply:

In Dane County, call Energy Services, Inc. at 608-333-0333 to schedule appointments and 267-8601 for the Emergency Furnace Program.

In Green County, call Green County Human Services at 608-328-9393.

To determine if you need weatherization and you live in Dane or Green County:

Call Project Home at 608-246-3737.
Click on and fill out the Program Interest Form. An Intake Assistant will contact you for further information.

If you live outside of Dane and Green County:

Refer to the Home Energy Plus webpage to find the agency serving your county.

What Happens if I Qualify?
The process of receiving Weatherization Services can take anywhere from two months to one year.