Wondering if the Crew Member position is right for you? Check out these videos, for insight into what the job is, what it's like working at Project Home and details on benefits and pay.
Project Home, Inc., a non-profit agency, is looking for Crew Members to join our team. These positions are responsible for installing energy conservation measures and performing home repairs in residential buildings.
- Follow work order to complete energy conservation measures indicated and according to program rules and requirements.
- Find and seal areas that allow air to enter or escape buildings.
- Install insulation in attics, crawl spaces, basements, etc.
- Perform energy related repairs and minor home repairs.
- Assist in loading and unloading of vans.
- Assist Crew Leader in meeting predetermined program production goals and proper documentation of job hours.
- Responsible for proper use and care of assigned tools, equipment and vans.
- Assist with inventory controls of equipment, tools and materials.
- Perform inspection and minor maintenance tasks on equipment and vans.
- Attendance and participation in work related training and seminars as directed by supervisor.
- Follow all safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications include a high school diploma or GED along with general knowledge in energy conservation methods, basic carpentry and hand tools. Other qualifications include:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment such as respirators.
- Must be able to work effectively with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and field guides to complete work as required by state contracts.
- Must be able to use hand and power operated tools.
- Must be physically able to perform work including the ability to withstand extremes of heat and cold with no adverse effects on health and the ability to climb ladders, work on roofs or other high places and crawl in small spaces such as attics.
- Achieve and maintain certification & training requirements such as Lead Safe Renovator, Asbestos Supervisor, OSHA 10, etc.
- Bilingual is a plus.
This position is Monday thru Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm (NO weekends or evenings). The starting wage is $22.00 per hour.
Project Home offers an excellent benefits package with 100% company paid health, dental, short term and long-term disability, and life insurance. Employees receive 13 ½ days of Holiday pay and accrue 18 days of PTO per year. Project Home fosters work-life balance for all of its employees in a caring supportive environment. Interested candidates should send their resume to:
Project Home, Inc.
Attn: HR Manager
3841 Kipp St
Madison, WI 53718
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer