Fund Development Specialist
Project Home is looking for someone to lead its private fund development efforts. This position works with Project Home volunteers and staff to raise funds for Project Home’s mission. This is accomplished through direct mail and major donor campaigns, corporate and foundation fund development and involvement in Community Shares of Wisconsin.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all private fund development including corporate sponsorships (prospects and existing), grant writing, direct mail campaign, major donor campaign and fundraiser beneficiary opportunities.
- Establish fundraising, planning, promotion and sponsorship recognition opportunities for Hammer with a Heart and other major donor projects.
- Research, contact and meet with area business owners and leaders about prospective partnership opportunities with Project Home’s privately funded events and programs.
- Manage, update and utilize donor database (Donor Perfect) for fundraising efforts.
- Conduct Project Home’s direct mail and major donor fundraising campaign.
- Orchestrate all Project Home activities and fundraising for The Big Share annual fundraiser, hosted by Community Shares of Wisconsin (on GiveGab – an online giving platform).
- Serve as the Project Home representative for Community Shares of Wisconsin, including board meetings, work hour requirement activities and promoting and managing the workplace giving campaign.
- Agency representative for media interviews.
- Give public speeches/presentations to businesses, organizations and fundraising groups about Project Home’s work, programs and mission.
- Represent agency at various meetings with professional groups and associations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience required.
- Demonstrated fundraising experience with proven success.
- Must enjoy and have experience in public speaking and presenting to various sized groups.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the media preferred.
- Must work well in a team environment and possess the ability to perform tasks independently.
- A positive attitude and the ability to relate well to others of diverse backgrounds are essential.
- Computer experience necessary, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Web design and file maintenance software program experience a plus.
- Donor Perfect experience a plus; however, training will be provided.
- Availability during evening and weekend hours is occasionally necessary.
- Driver’s license and insured vehicle required.
The Fund Development Specialist position is 50% FTE or 20 hours per week. Part-time employees are eligible for Project Home's Health and Dental benefits with premium sharing and receive company paid short term and long-term disability, life insurance, and a retirement plan match. There is also prorated PTO and Holiday pay. Project Home fosters work-life balance for all of its employees in a caring supportive environment. Interested candidates can send their resume and cover message to Kari Nichols, HR Manager, at email@example.com or apply below.
Project Home is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.