We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our team. This position is responsible for overseeing the general accounting and financial reporting functions for Project Home and its entities, ensuring that sound accounting practices are maintained. This position also performs accounting functions necessary to complete monthly, quarterly and annual accounting cycles along with timely and accurate financial reporting to all funding sources. Responsibilities include:
- Develop systems to ensure that proper accounting procedures are followed.
- Prepare and submit financial reports to funding sources and the board of directors.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget.
- Manage the annual financial audit.
- Oversee banking and insurance services.
- Assist in grant proposal preparation as it relates to financial matters.
- Implement and monitor internal controls and procedures to achieve compliance with contract requirements and non-profit accounting standards.
- Analyze and coordinate cost allocation of direct and indirect costs.
- Supervise staff in the finance department.
- Oversee and support the Finance Committee.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in accounting or four years related experience in addition to three years related experience including two years supervisory/management experience. Other qualifications include:
- Strong knowledge of non-profit accounting systems and requirements.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Proficient with Great Plains accounting software and Microsoft Office products.
- Certified Non Profit Accounting Professional (CNAP) certification is preferred.
Project Home offers an excellent benefits package with paid health, dental and life insurance along with short and long term disability. Interested candidates should send their resume to:
Project Home, Inc.
Attn: HR Manager
3841 Kipp St
Madison, WI 53718
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We are hiring for a Crew Member. This position is responsible for installing energy conservation measures and performing home repairs in residential buildings. Responsibilities include:
- Follow work order to complete energy conservation measures indicated and according to program rules and requirements.
- Find and seal areas that allow air to enter or escape buildings.
- Install insulation in attics, crawl spaces, basements, etc.
- Perform energy related repairs and minor home repairs.
- Assist in loading and unloading of vans.
- Assist Crew Leader in meeting predetermined program production goals and proper documentation of job hours.
- Responsible for proper use and care of assigned tools, equipment and vans.
- Assist with inventory controls of equipment, tools and materials.
- Perform inspection and minor maintenance tasks on equipment and vans.
- Attendance and participation in work related training and seminars as directed by supervisor.
- Follow all safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications include a high school diploma or GED along with general knowledge in energy conservation methods, basic carpentry and hand tools. Other qualifications include:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment such as respirators.
- Must be able to work effectively with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and field guides to complete work as required by state contracts.
- Must be able to use hand and power operated tools.
- Must be physically able to perform work including the ability to withstand extremes of heat and cold with no adverse effects on health and the ability to climb ladders, work on roofs or other high places and crawl in small spaces such as attics.
- Achieve and maintain certification & training requirements such as Lead Safe Renovator, Asbestos Supervisor, OSHA 10, etc.
This position is Monday thru Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm. The starting wage is $20.00. Project Home offers an excellent benefits package with paid health, dental and life insurance along with short and long term disability.