Human Resources Manager
Project Home, Inc., a non-profit agency, is looking for a part-time Human Resources Manager to join our team, working 20 hours a week. This position is responsible for managing and overseeing all phases of the employee life cycle. This includes, but is not limited to all areas of human relations; recruitment, hiring, orientation, performance review process, compensation, benefits, employee relations, training, health and safety, as well as managing compliance with state and federal regulations and applicable labor laws. This position will also direct and monitor the IT services working with consultants and vendors. Responsibilities include:
- Manage the recruiting and staffing process including updating job descriptions, advertising, screening, interviewing orientation, and succession planning.
- Administer all benefits plans. Process monthly billings, enrollments, terminations and changes. Work with insurance broker on annual renewals and changes to benefit plans. Handle COBRA compliance and Federal and/or State required leave policies.
- Partner with management team to understand and execute the organization’s human resources and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Develop and maintain affirmative action plan and ensure equal opportunity employment.
- Stay current on federal and state law changes and other new developments in practices and regulations as they affect HR.
- Analyze and research trends in compensation and propose changes.
- Manage the performance review process.
- Prepare all termination paperwork, conduct exit interviews and handle unemployment insurance claims.
- Directs administration of company’s health and safety programs, including applicable OSHA regulations, handling worker’s compensation claims and updating the safety manual.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Advise and coach supervisors on employee relations issues.
- Update policies and the employee handbook as needed and to include employment law changes.
- Conduct and coordinate training on HR related topics.
- Direct and oversee IT services to include troubleshooting computer issues, maintaining software and programs, upgrading computers, etc., with support from the IT services vendor and consultants.
- Supervise the Office Manager.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and four years of experience. Other qualifications include:
- Strong organizational, project management, communication, financial and administrative skills required.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to easily learn other software programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
Project Home offers an excellent benefits package with paid health, dental and life insurance along with short and long-term disability. Interested candidates should send their resume to:
Project Home, Inc.
Attn: HR Manager
3841 Kipp St
Madison, WI 53718
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer