Resident Services Coordinator
Project Home, Inc., a non-profit agency, is looking for a Resident Services Coordinator to join our team. This position is responsible for working with tenants at Prairie Crossing, a 48 unit apartment complex on Allied Drive and the Rodney Scheel House, a 28 unit apartment complex that provides low cost living for those with HIV/AIDS. Responsibilities include:
- Work with residents to help them succeed as tenants and improve their economic security.
- Link residents with community resources.
- Assist applicants and residents with filling out paperwork.
- Organize the on-site community garden.
- Transport and stock food for the on-site food pantry.
- Plan activities for the residents.
- Compose a monthly newsletter.
- Develop working relationships with agencies serving the neighborhood.
- Address all resident concerns and solve problems where appropriate.
- Work with property management staff for the Rodney Scheel House and other service providers to assess tenant capacity.
- Prepare monthly reports to the Board of Directors that address any issues related to residents, service providers, funders or the community that affect the Rodney Scheel House.
- Develop and coordinate volunteer programs that enhance community building, quality of life, independence and personal safety.
- Perform new resident orientation to review house rules, resident handbook and need for assistance with housekeeping, use of equipment and need for supportive services.
- Develop annual plan to coordinate and deliver services that meet the mission and operating principles of the Rodney Scheel House to the Board of Directors.
Experience in counseling, social work case management and federally assisted housing is preferred along with knowledge of governmental programs. Other qualifications include:
- Excellent human relations skills and a genuine desire to help people.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Hmong and English is preferred.
- Ability to calmly resolve issues and crises.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient with computers including experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with some early evening hours.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to frequently lift 30-50lbs.
Project Home offers an excellent benefits package with paid health, dental and life insurance along with short and long term disability. The starting wage for this position is $18.25/hr. Interested candidates should send their resume to:
Project Home, Inc.
Attn: HR Manager
3841 Kipp St
Madison, WI 53718
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer