Skip to main content

Weatherization & Furnace Programs

In Wisconsin, the Home Energy Plus Programs include:

  • The Weatherization Assistance Program
  • The Furnace Program
  • The Energy Assistance Program

These programs are all offered statewide and are funded by the Wisconsin Department of Administration’s, Division of Energy, Housing, and Community Resources (DEHCR).  Project Home is the agency that operates the Weatherization and Furnace Programs in Dane and Green Counties.

The Weatherization Program looks to reduce the energy usage of a home in order to lower the utility bills of the household while making the home safer, more comfortable, and function better as a whole system.

The program is offered to qualifying homeowners and renters at no cost to the occupants (rental property owners may need to contribute 15% of the job costs, if the owner doesn’t personally qualify for the program). 

Rental Property Owners - CLICK HERE to see if your building may qualify for weatherization services.

*Before you can apply for Weatherization, you must apply, and be approved, for Energy Assistance.  To apply for Energy Dane County call Energy Services at 608-267-8601 -or- in Green County call Energy Services at 608-328-1111

Weatherization work may include:

  • Air sealing and insualting attics
  • Insulating exterior walls
  • Reducing air leakage
  • Repairing or replacing inefficient furnaces
  • Replacing inefficient refrigerators or freezers

*After you've been approved for Energy Assistance, contact Project Home to apply for Weatherization, at 608-246-3737, or use our ONLINE APPLICATION

Watch this 5-minute overview of the Weatherization program - (on Wisconsin's 57 Talk of the Town)

Here's a peek at weatherization work!

The Furnace Program helps qualifying homeowners facing no heat situations.  If you qualify for Energy Assistance and your furnace has stopped working, you should contact your energy assistance provider and they will alert Project Home to send out a certified HVAC contractor to repair or possibly replace your heating system.  As with the weatherization program, this service is offered at no cost to qualifying households.

  • In Dane County call Energy Services at 608-267-8601
  • In Green County call Energy Services at 608-328-1111
  • For the Weatherization & Furnace Programs Complete Description -- CLICK HERE to download a PDF

Do I Qualify for these Programs?

Eligibility Requirements & Income Chart

Hear from some of The PH Team who help make weatherization work in Dane & Green County!

(Watch this short video for an authentic look at what it's like to be a weatherization worker)